Thursday, May 15, 2014

Currently for sale.

I finally got the last to list a bunch of furniture on usednanaimo.com today. Hurray! Now I can focus on doing some custom work for a client and getting some much needed paperwork done. 

This is my absolute favorite piece right now. At some point this piece must have been left in the rain because the top of it had buckled and split. After a great deal of scrubbing, wood filler, and sanding I applied two coats of "graphite" chalk paint and then sealed the whole piece with clear wax. I replaced the original wood knobs with some glamorous  glass knobs. Just last night I stenciled the top with my favorite french poem and then dry brushed "old white" chalk paint on the edges to give it more dimension. I am thrilled with end result. Find the listing here.




I picked this lovely little side table up at a garage sale last summer. It had been painted white but much of the paint had been marked up or chipped off. I decided to give it a two coats of "duck egg" and then sanded it a bit so that the original white paint peeked through. Afterwards I buffed it with clear wax and a rag until it was  buttery soft. Find the listing here.

 

My sister in law found this little vintage medicine cabinet at a garage sale for me last summer. It sat neglected in the corner of my husbands garage for quite some time before I decided what to do with it. After a great deal of scrubbing, replacing the back and the front knob, I painted the entire piece in graphite. I used five coats on the front so that it could be used as a chalkboard. See listing here.


This steamer trunk was in rough shape when I found it. Thankfully, it wasn't anything that two coats of "old white" chalk paint and some Velcro couldn't fix. I have listed this item, but I am a little hesitant to sell it as it is my last one. These things tend to sell fast. 


Here is a mirror that I recently painted "old white", distressed and waxed. 
It is is winning formula! Listing found here


I just love the detail on this frame I have decided to list after using it in my craft room for the past year. Listing found here.





No comments:

Post a Comment